The COACHING TO Care programme has been specially designed for nurses, midwives, doctors, managers and anyone who wants to use a coaching style of leadership as an approach to engage and develop people. Those looking to explore coaching from a more formal perspective may be interested in our HumanTechnics ILM level 5 or level 7 Professional Certificate In Coaching and Mentoring
COACHING TO Care is a three day programme that introduces NHS staff to coaching and develops the essential skills needed to be an effective leader.
The main aims of the Coaching To Care programme include:
- Improving performance
- Preparing and supporting clinical staff in leadership roles
- Supporting individual learning and development
- Increasing empowerment and employee engagement.
Coaching To Care is highly effective in a range of workplace situations including:
- Helping clinical experts develop effective and efficient interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Developing an individual’s potential and providing career development.
- Dealing with conflict situations so that they are resolved effectively.
Key aims and outcomes:
- Define the role and responsibilities of a coach
- Understand the principles and boundaries of coaching
- Demonstrate the key skills needed to be a good coach – including exquisite listening and asking ‘clean’ questions.
- Understand the process of coaching and a range of coaching tools and models including John Whitmore’s GROW model.
- Learn about your preferred style of communication and how to develop the behavioural flexibility that will help you to build and maintain working relationships and effective team working based on empathy, respect, and dignity.
- Discover the 4 Mindset Shifts of effective coaches and adopt the coaching beliefs of excellence that support the development of a coaching culture in an organisations.
- Use a coaching approach to develop an individual’s performance.
- Learn how to be both courageous and caring when giving and receiving feedback
The COACHING TO Care programme is available as an in-house training programme delivered at your location or an offsite venue. For more information please email Angela Watson firstname.lastname@example.org